Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Scripture of the Day


Luke 18:9-14
"To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable:
'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I thank You that I am not like other men - robbers, evildoers, adulterers - or even like this tax collector.  I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get."
'But the tax collector stood at a distance.  He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
'I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.' "

No comments: