Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Undivided

For the first three Sunday nights in April, we were asked to participate in an Easter drama at a small church directed by a co-worker and friend of our father.
(For those who don't know:  We are involved in a type of interpretive dance, which consists mainly of "flailing the arms around" in time to the words or music of a song, as Rhen puts it.)  We call ourselves Undivided, taken from a verse in the Psalms, "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name." (86:11, NIV, emphasis added)
I tell everybody this, but for a while we were Undecided.
*crickets*
It's okay, you can laugh.  I did.
Anyway... back to my post.

Below, we are in the black outfits to perform the song, This Blood by Carman.


Here, we have the stage...


Oh, and this is our "dressing room" door... 
We dressed in a Sunday School classroom.


You can see how neat and tidy we are.


Yup.  Neat and tidy.


To make time pass quicker while we wait for the show to begin, we usually bring our knitting, sketchbooks, or even a good book.


Goofy Rhen.  ^ - ^


The Artist.


And her creation, Detective Gidjit.  (She names her sketchbooks and creates the character, then portrays the whole book as a gallery.  It's very creative and fun to look at.)
Below, if you can tell, she is using a technique called cross-hatching.


And here we are in action, performing This Blood.


At the very end of the drama, we performed our debut song: "Lord, You're Holy" (by Karen Wheaton), the very first song we ever learned and performed since beginning to dance a couple years ago.  I believe it's one of my favorites to dance to, not for the audience, though our prayer is that through us someone will be blessed, but for our King.  
As one of my favorite songs go:  

At the end of the day, 
I wanna hear people say:
That my heart looks like Your heart,
My heart looks like Your heart.
When the world looks at me,
Let them decree:
That my heart looks like Your heart,
My heart looks like Your heart!
- Your Heart, Chris Tomlin, THE STORY soundtrack



In this song, we each have a solo.  This is me, of course.


Then Rhen.  We have our own styles, Rhen is the actor of the family.


Catlia, the more composed sister.



Well, my friends, thanks for reading!
I just wanted to share a little bit more of what we do.  My motive, however, is not at all to say, "Hey, look what we can do," this is just one other thing that we use to praise our mighty King.
The majority of the songs that we perform were choreographed by a group called 3D (Dramatic Difference Drama); they travel and perform and now have their own studio in Sevierville, TN.  So, we cannot take credit for the moves of the two songs above.  We are working on choreographing our own songs, and did so for our church's Easter service (to a song "Garden" by NeedtoBreathe).  A total God-thing, wouldn't have happened had He not jumped in. 
Other songs performed by 3D that we have done include: Orphans of God by Avalon, Something Happens, Precious Lamb,  I Call Him Lord by Mark Lowry and Lordsong, and Lord, Have Mercy

Thanks again for reading!
Until next time,
Elisera


No comments: