Sunday, June 9, 2013

Two Weeks Off, Now Ready to Report!

Wow.  It has been a long two weeks since last I really sat down to blog.  I am soooo behind in my blog-readings...  And yes, though I missed it, our time was spent on more important things.  Blogging is not a top priority.  God first, family second, work next, THEN fun.

This post is practically just another update to let you know we are still here.  =]

So...  To my report!

The first week, we were in the hay field.  Nearly every day.  But I am not complaining!  Have I ever mentioned that it's my favorite season!!!  Alas, I do not have pictures of us maidens working those red Farmalls and raking hay, or on the hay wagon stacking square bales, or sweating in the big barn unloading said bales and re-stacking them in the loft.  I do, however, have a few pics of our time in VBS this year, to be featured in a later post.  While we had a great time teaching the songs for this year's theme, The Kingdom Chronicles, and hosting the preschool crafts, we can give a whole-hearted sigh of relief that the crazy week is now over.  It was definitely fun and exciting, made even more so by the fact that there was nine professions of faith during the week.  All praise to the King!

. . .

Hang on.  I am not finished with you yet.  =D

That Saturday we left early in the morning to make the hour and a half journey to Dollywood, where we spent the WHOLE day walking around enjoying Bluegrass & BBQ, roller-coasters, kettle corn, shops, and the like.  It was great!  My sisters and I were able, for the first time, to have our pictures taken at the Flashbulb Photo Shoppe, where you can dress up either in Victorian, Western Saloon, or Gangster styles.  (We chose Victorian.)  Loved it! although I had the most trouble finding a decent dress... They make it really easy for you, though.  Each outfit is fully made to where you pull the dress on, tie the strings together in the back, and you're good to go.  See right for our picture.  It's the 3Maidens, Victorian style!

With that said, I leave you with a promise to post more pictures as soon as possible and wish you a happy week full of blessings.


















Fairfarren, for now!


No comments: