Tuesday, April 30, 2013

There's Something About Beginning That Name of Adventure

Hello everyone!  This is Jenny and Julia.
We were tagged, first by our sister, Sarah, and second, by our dear friend, Ashlin, to do the Musical Tag.

If you do not know what this is, you can check it out on their blogs here and here.

For your convenience, and our sanity, Jenny's answers will be green, and mine purple.

RULES 1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4. Tag 20 friends. (Since this is an old tag this doesn’t really apply anymore, but if you’re reading this you’re absolutely welcome to steal it as well! Please do!) 5. Everyone tagged has to do the same thing.

Without further ado, let it begin!

Questions:

If someone says "Are you okay?" you say… 
          Lord Have Mercy - from an album of our dance songs.
Well, that's a fine how do ya do!  The cat tried to rip off my arm and you ask " are you okay"!?
          Oh! Gravity - Switchfoot
Wheeee... I'm floating!  Whooooo...

What would best describe your personality? 
         That Where I Am, There You May Also Be - Rich Mullins
I am everywhere... where ever you are?
          Come My Child - The Isaacs
I am obedient.  Yes siree!  You call, I come!  Unless I don't want to, or I'm busy...

How would you describe yourself? 
          It is Well With My Soul - The Isaacs
My soul... is well...
          Soli Deo Gloria - Watermark
To God alone be the glory!  Yes!  May that be what my life says to all around me!

What do you like in a guy/girl?
          My Name is Jesus - Mark Bishop
No it's not! But it's nice to have Christ's personality! ^-^
          Redeemer - Nicole C. Mullen
Well, he may not be my redeemer, but he better know Who is.

How do you feel today? 
          The Giving - Michael W. Smith
I just feel like giving! I don't know what I'm giving but I am sure it's wonderful!
          Aloha Oe - Luau Dance Party Favorites
Ughh... For those of you who do not know, I can't stand Hawaian music!!!  As of now, I do not feel all that great.

What is your life's purpose?
          Grace - Jason Gray
My purpose is grace... fullness. I is graceful. Whee!
          From Western Woods to Beaversdam - Harry Gregson-Williams (Narnia OST)
MUST GET TO BEAVERSDAM.  IT MY PURPOSE, MY DRIVE.  BEAVERSDAM.

What's Your Motto? 
          Unbreakable - Fireflight
That's right, baby! Unbreakable! Yeah! *crack*
          One Shot - Newsboys
Yup.  You don't mess with me!  It only takes one shot... 

What do your friends think of you?
          What Child is This - Barlowgirl
Friend: My goodness! What is it?!
          Loaded Gun - Chris Sligh
Good grief!  First one shot, now this?  Guess I am one loaded gun!  Gunpowder and lead!  That's me!

What do your parents think of you?
          Forever and Ever, Amen - VeggieTales Country
Heheh... I shall haunt this place FOREVER! Mwahahaha!
          I'm Clean - Chris Sligh
Well, I suppose that's good.  ^.^

What do you think about very often?
          Are You Pleased - Chris Sligh
What can I say? I'm a people-pleaser.
         Way Beyond Myself - Newsboys
My thoughts are waaaaay out there...  Do salamanders suffer from sunburn?  What about fish?  Do they sneeze underwater?

What is 2 + 2? 
          He's Alive - Don Francisco 
Number four is alive!
         Miss Mcleod's - Ballycastle Players
Miss Mcleod's age must be four...

 What do you think of your best friend?
         The Cut - Jason Gray
Eh, they've made the cut.
          Legends are Lessons - Patrick Doyle (Brave OST)
If yoo could change yer fate, would yoo? (supposedly spoken with a Scottish accent)

What do you think of the person you like? 
          Verbum Caro Factum est, Responsory in mode 8 - Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos
He's a... monk? NOOOOO! MY LOVE! WHY?!
          Christus Factus est, Gradual in Mode 5 - same guys as the song above...
Apparently, he's off in a monastery... The chances of marriage are dwindling....

What is your life story?
          Revelation - Third Day
It just dawns on me...
          Say Goodbye - Skillet
I'm not sure if this is a good thing, or if I should be a wee bit worried.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
          Any Way the Wind Blows - Julian Drive
Whee! I shall go where the wind takes me... So that's why I keep changing what I want to be...
          The White Witch - Harry Gregson-Williams (Narnia OST)
Oh my.  Now I am worried.  Or, perhaps... heh, you should be!  *sneaky evil look*

What do you think when you see the person you like?
          Weak - Jason Gray
Well golly, My dear boy! You need to get some meat on those bones of your's!
          Behold the Lamb - Glory of Zion
Och! The wee lamb! (Brave quote for those of you who didn't get it)

What will you do at your wedding?
          Move - Worship Kid's Style
I shall- MOVE?! NO! I love my farm!
          Let You Know - Chris Sligh
Yes, I suppose I should let you lovely people know if I am to be wed.

What will they play at your funeral? 
          Margaritaville - Hula Party Favorites
Oh, yeah. We-- They are going to partay! Woop!
          Trust and Obey - Smoky Mountain Hymns of Praise
The story of my life will be that I trusted God and obeyed.  Yes, let it be.

What is your hobby/interest?
          Panis Angelicus - Barlowgirl
I am quite interested in angel bread.
          Leaving it All Behind - Jason Gray
Hmmm... Not too sure about this one.

What is your biggest fear?
          Moonlight - The Piano Guys
AAROOOOO!!!!
          Generations (Bartolome Island) - The Mysterious Islands
Well, yes, I am frightened of generations of faithlessness.

What is your biggest secret?
          Hear Me Calling, Great Redeemer - Fernando Ortega
     (¬ ¬)    
          Good Time - Dolly Parton 
Oh my...  This song is about moonshine... My biggest secret must have something to do with moonshine.  It must have been bad, because I have absolutely no memory of the occasion...

What do you want right now?
          Sing Me a Love Song - Barlowgirl
Yeah, play it nice and slow.
          Alien Corridors - Halo: Combat Evolved
Ah, no.  Not really, no.

What do you think of your friends? 
          Everything Sad is Coming Untrue - Jason Gray
They are now happy. My mission in life is now complete. 
          Not to Us - Chris Tomlin
Not to us!  But to Your Name be the glory!

What's the worst thing that could happen?
          Black and Blue - Original Wildcat Jass Band
Bruises are bad. 'Nuff said.
          BusyBusyBusy - Sandra Boynton
Weee're veryverybusyandwe'vegotalottodoandwehaven'tgotaminutetoexplainitalltoyou!

What is the one thing you regret?
          Anno Domine - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
"The Year of our Lord"? Pshhaw! NO! I love the Lord. It's not me! It's the songs!
         I Love You More Than Cheese - Sandra Boynton
*snort* Hah!  You fool!  How could I possibly love anyone more that CHEESE!

What makes you laugh?
          Hey Now [D Dubb Remix] - TobyMac
Heh. i like to roll down my window (in the car) and holler at the turkeys.
  Me: Hey, baby!
  turkey:Gobble!
          The Healing Path - Spirit Earth
Yes, New Agey stuff tends to make me laugh.

What makes you cry?
          God is in Control - Twila Paris
I cry tears of JOY! Yay!
          Fate and Destiny - Patrick Doyle (Brave OST)
What does this say about my fate?  I should have saved that fate quote for this one...

Will you ever get married?
          Heroes - Michael W. Smith
I shall marry a hero. And he shall be awesome! I am over you, monk boy!
          Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys - VeggieTales Country
HAH!  If my future husband is off in a monastery, I suppose this won't be too much of a problem!

What scares you the most?
          No Shortage - The Isaacs
Weird...
          Move in Me - Jeremy Camp
This doesn't scare me!  I desire God to move in me.

 Does anyone like you?
          Simon is Dismissed - John Debney (The Passion of the Christ OST)
We just dismissed Simon. Anyone else want to give their opinion?
          Wildflower - Point of Grace
Well, at least wildflowers like me... I suppose that's something... 

If you could go back in time, what would you change?
          The Holly and the Ivy - The Regency Singer and Orchestra
What? Here, have a bunny.
  ()()
=(oo)=
c(00)
          Silly Lullaby - Sandra Boynton
Hmm, I must not like this particular song.

What hurts right now?
          Evergreen Morning - Smoky Mountain Hymns of Praise
Because it's just, like, forever green.
          Brother's in Arms - Halo: Combat Evolved
My heart does hurt for our soldiers.

What would you want to say to the person who tagged you (if you were tagged)?
          This Far - Jason Gray
You've gone this far! Which is too far!
          Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms - Starlite Singers
Aye!  If all those endearing young charms!  Heh... Hmm.. What does that even mean?

What will you name this post?
          There's Something About that Name - The Isaacs
That's quite a post...
          Only the Beginning of the Adventure - Harry Gregson-Williams (Narnia OST)


Have a great week!
Jen & Ju

3 comments:

Sam said...

Loved this! It was so fun. My favorite's of yours:
"MUST GET TO BEAVERSDAM."
And Jen's answer for "Weal" and the answer for "Good Time-Dolly Parton" and the "Heroes" one and the "Cheese" one...ah, you get the picture ;].

Ashlin said...

Oh my! I laughed out loud so many times, then went back and read it again. Sure, Julia, I've always thought of you as a loaded gun! Taha Just kidding! This was too funny!
My favorites were probably,
From Julia: "Must have been bad, because I have absolutely no memory of the occasion."
From Jenny: "Me: Hey, baby!
Turkey: Gobble!"

And I find it funny that you two are both liking monks. . .

Unknown said...

Heehee! We are glad you liked our post. We had fun with it!