Monday, May 20, 2013

Poem of the Week

Pinterest

Thou Art My Victory
Avis B. Christiansen

I prayed for help, I prayed for strength,
I prayed for victory:
I prayed for patience and for love,
For true humility
But as I prayed, my dying Christ
By faith I seemed to see,
And as I gazed my glad heart cried,
"All things are mine, thro' Thee!"

If He doth dwell within my heart,
Why need I strength to implore?
The Giver of all grace is mine,
And shall I ask for more?
And need I pray for victory,
When He who conquered death
Dwells in my very inmost soul,
Nearer indeed than breath?

Oh help me, Lord, to realize
That Thou are all in all;
That I am more than conqueror
In great things and in small
No need have I but Thou hast met
Upon the cruel tree.
Oh precious, dying, risen Lord,
Thou are my victory!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such true words.
Love the poem Sarah.
I love the lines,
"The Giver of all grace is mine," and
"That Thou are all in all."

In His Grace,
Mom

Sarah said...

Thanks, Mum ^__^ <3